Getting ready

 The time finally came around to do the swap and I couldn’t have been more thankful for everyone’s help. During this time I was getting package after package for parts needed to finish up. It all fell into place at the right time. It was actually pretty fast considering the amount of work I did to the engine bay too. It took about a month to complete started the end of October and finished the beginning of December. Every weekend I was busy working on the car dusk till dawn. Sometimes I’d wake up extra early before going to work to tinker with it throughout the week. Enough with this time to get work done! 

Time to put the car down and start removing all the main things to pull this thing out 

Now that all the main things are out of the way the time came to pull this thing out. Again I can’t thank everyone enough for the help that day. You guys are the best!


Now the fun stuff. The following few days I was getting the engine bay cleaned and prepped for my buddy coming over to stitch weld my strut towers and some other areas that needed to be reinforced came out great and makes the engine bay more exciting 

Some parts came in and was super happy wiring specialties harness, koyo n flow, ORC clutch disk and release bearing. Oh quick rewind so I found and purchased an ORC hyper single clutch R.Y.O edition on YAJ about a 3 months before I bought my SR hahaha.

Now lets get fancy!! Time to paint my engine bay. I originally planned on doing silver but I changed it last minute to a satin black similar to my valve cover. Didn’t need much to prep work just scuffed everything up a bit. I was pretty satisfied how I turned out in the end and glad I went black. Some more little things came in for the swap and also installed  my Cusco tension rod brace and solid steering column bushing 

Advertisements

Cleaning up new things 

Around April last year I was able to find a good deal on a SR20 from a local importer. This was a whole new thing for me. Which was kind of intimidating but with the help of few friends it made things a lot easier.
I didn’t start working on the engine right away after buying it I held off on it for about 2 months because I needed to save for a trip up to Canada. That trip was one I wont ever forget and hopefully have more in the future.
So after all that it was time to start working on the engine and getting it ready. I did as much as I could while it was out since its a whole lot easier than having to do it while its inside the car.



Once I got everything I needed off the engine I went ahead and flipped it so i could drop the upper and lower oil pan get everything resealed. Along with replacing the oil pick up gasket and rear main seal.

Popped the valve cover to see what everything looked like and all looked fine and well maintained. Two of my good friends Franklin and Steven came over to help bleed my lifters and install my tomei rocker arm stoppers. I also painted my valve cover satin black semi glass to give it that oem look. After this I was done with the head and installed new valve cover gasket and ready to go. Lastly I put on a Tomei powered coil pack cover(that franklin sold me) to dress it up a bit and see how it looked 

This day I felt the most ambitious and knocked a decent amount of things off the list. Front main seal, intake manifold gaskets, coolant lines. My crank pulley was on pretty tight so I chipped it twice before coming off but a friend had one laying a round and gave it to me. Oh and also I was able to get a Dmax tubular manifold which I was so excited to run, so I tested it to see how it would look.

Sadly my stock t25 needed to get rebuilt I’d figure why not upgrade and get something better like a t28 but I was lucky enough to get something cooler. I was able to get a HKS GT2530 from Franklin since he upgraded and didn’t need it anymore. I also changed out my water pump and thermostat to oem replacement. I was really happy to see no rust inside and looked super clean.

Pulling off the factory turbo lines were annoying and a friend of mine recommended to go braided stainless steel lines which made things look a lot cleaner/cooler and easier to install. Then  put brand new exhaust gasket along with new locking nut tabs and also cleaned up the block pretty good 

So that’s that I feel like I did way more but I guess I didn’t take many photos of the processes. But pretty much the engine stuff was done and I can focus on things I need for the swap. Clutch, harness, radiator, intercooler and a lot of little things hahaha

Thanks for reading! 

Quick run down  

Hi my name’s Jose but those that know me don’t believe in that name so they call my Moya(my last name). I own a 1990 Nissan 240sx . My 3rd Schassis and this is by far my most favorite. Purchased in 2013 it came with KA24E 5speed, blown coilovers, decent interior, OEM kouki(type x) front, Gelwalt 2 piece wheels. I’ve gone through both good and bad with this car but here is just a quick 4 year difference.   



4 years later and how it currently sits 



I would like to start fresh with 2017 but the end of 2016 was too good to not look back on and will be including that as well. Thanks for reading!